PiCano – is there a better Raspberry Pi enclosure?
by editor : Be the first to leave a comment
For those who had enough of the many plastic boxes available out there, this may be your option. It is not the cheapest, but is certainly is the most versatile of all. It is built using premium components: anodized Aluminium, Acryl and steel bolts, which results in a very versatile and strong assembly. It will not break in your hand like some do.
It can be used for:
- keep your wiring tidy
- support the full weight of your display or project
- makes a firm base to build your project in or on top
- hold another VESA mount device
- connect throughout like a bracket
- go between the display and the VESA wall mount
- solves the problem for Displays who use the VESA to attach there stand
- add design value to your Pi and making it look professional
and so much more!
When standing alone it remains on your desk and does not easily get dragged of by stiff cabling. When STACKING one on top of the other they fit neatly. Undoing them from their soft PVC feet the can be RACK’d together or for larger Racks it’s possible to LAYER them (you just need some Meccano-ing skills)
The BRACKET possibility makes it possible to interconnect with all sorts of 100x100mm VESA mount devices without having to order a separate bracket.
Although a PiCano is basically three layers of quality material and a handful of small parts, the Design and engineering makes it a powerful product.
article by Steve Royd-Marker