DrWimpC version 1.20 released
by editor : Be the first to leave a comment
The update to DrWimpC contains several bug fixes, and new and updated features, and more StrongHelp documentation.
DrWimpC is a C development tool for RISC OS computers (including Raspberry PI) with RISC OS 4 or higher. A summary of changes include:
- Completed New StrongHelp Manual Part 1.
- Integrated use of the F1 key as a standard help button in DrWimpC library.
- Allow application’s to output *StrongHelp help commands.
- Fixed a bug in the DrWimpC library’s own dynamic memory heap manager which was causing occasional crashes during a compilation process invoked from !DrWimpC.
New features added:
- Veneer functions for an OS_Heap memory allocator.
- New function to write syslog messages.
- A URL launcher library which is supplied with full source code and some explanatory notes.
- The template functions Handlers menu now have categories and function names ticked when the function type is present for a window/icon.
- Fixed a new bug in the OLE facility introduced because scrap file names were reused incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug in the Defined Menu function handler. This also fixes the menu handling in the !DrWimpC Shortcuts window.
- The Distribution window can now handle resources external to the application being distributed. See the StrongHelp Manual
- Fixed a bug in the Data Save handler that caused a corrupt byte to occur in the middle of the derived file type string.
- Improved the Template function header file generator, and the compiler make file generator, corrected the !DrWimpC dcdatamsgs file.
- Introduced a new Link Name facility to make Template Object Libraries more useful.
- Fixed minor bugs in the Defined Menu colour dialogue and View menu option and handler naming facility..
- The Temporary header file definitions in DRW/drwTemph have been placed into the main header file drwwh.h.